RULEZ

Kevin Biomech
Site Admin

RULEZ

Postby Kevin Biomech » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:54 pm

Good Day everyone.

As interest in GameCredits rises, it will become more and more necessary to have some solid rules. This post is for developing them, and they are not YET to be considered final in any way. But this forum will not be Mos Eisley. That being said, we also don't want to stifle free speech or limit legitimate discussions. So, a few guidelines for now, and we'll solidify the rules over time as need arises.

One, no abusing other members. At ALL, except if we decide to put up a flame room. I kind of like those, as it allows you to vent some steam without being serious or being taken serious, but with an international audience, I'm undecided.
This is not to say that you can't argue with others, that's inevitable. Just keep it civil. This PARTICULARLY applies to newbie bashing. While it is entirely smart to be cautious of new people, it is nevertheless wrong to assume or state that they are scammers, idiots, whatever. Be nice. You were new once yourself. Keep it in mind.

Two, no scamming. Period. I catch you scamming, you're out. I'm an anarchist, but we don't live in that world. I will cooperate with investigators on anyone running a scam, and if I have your personal information, I'll post it up on Facebook. Do not EVER steal from my people. It will come back to haunt you.

Three. Do NOT post other people's personal information, period. It will be deleted, and so will you. In the event of scamming, you can contact the administrators, and we will investigate and deal with it. If you choose to post your own personal information, be it on your own head. for instance, I am posting under a name that can easily be traced, and I'm ok with that. If someone is not, don't wreck it for them. There are many reasons to remain anonymous that are perfectly legit.

Four. commerce. You want to advertise your stuff here? Try to sell something? Try to buy something? Go for it. Keep in mind the following rules.
1. Do not promote ponzis. If you do so by accident (we've all been there), please retract it when you find out. If someone else finds out and reports it, I'm unlikely to do anything to you or your account over it unless I think you were being deceptive.
2. Do NOT EVER scam. See Two above. I believe very strongly that business is the most ethical platform there is when conducted honestly. Dishonest business practices will NOT be tolerated here. I and several others in the GameCredits core team have been scammed, and it don't feel good at all. If you're a scammer, you will have no sympathy and no support on this forum.
3. Affiliate links. Not a problem at all. I do affiliate marketing myself. That being said, be certain that you follow the rules. Don't spam it everywhere (signature is fine, and even a thread or two). Make dead certain that it is obvious that you ARE an affiliate. A little disclaimer like "I get a piece if you order through this link" or something of that nature is fine, or however you wish to word it. This is especially true if you are reviewing a product or service, as your biases need to be known. I believe that one can both promote and be honest when doing a review. If I like a product, I likely will give it a solid review regardless of whether I get a piece of the action, but I'll be happy to have that piece too. Just be upfront, and there will be no issues.
4. If there is an issue of legality, err on the side of caution. If you're promoting something that is legal where you are, but may not be to the general audience, SAY SO. We reserve the right to remove questionable posts with neither warning nor explanation. (that being said, we will respond if you ask.)
5. Dispute resolution. This is a difficult thing. If somebody rips you off, before you go screaming at them, try to contact them civilly. It could easily turn out to be an honest mistake. If you must go beyond that, talk to us. We might be able to mediate. In line with rule 2, if you've been scammed on this forum and can prove it, we WILL help you as best we can. However, there can be many different types of dispute that are not straightforward, and we wil attempt to mediate if asked to do so. Also, ALWAYS use escrow if you are dealing with someone you don't know. For Crypto escrow, I will serve as escrow agent for a small fee. Others might as well. I would approach others ahead of me, as I don't wish to make a business of it.
6. Happy Trading!

To be added to, revised, and edited with amazing frequency :D
Kevin Biomech
Site Admin

Re: RULEZ

Postby Kevin Biomech » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:54 am

Reiterating the rule on commerce. DO NOT SPAM!!!!!!!!!!

I just wasted a half hour of my life deleting a bunch of random spam posts from a couple of newbie accounts. Two spammers at least had the good grace to only drop a couple of bombs, but one guy had 11 useless posts shilling everything from game cracks to fetanyl. I don’t' care if you engage in commerce on this forum. I in fact encourage it. But don't just paste up a bunch of bullshit links in one completely unrelated forum and make me do extra work to clean up your mess. Trust me, I have plenty of tasks already. I really don't need the hassle.

So, policy change here. If you do like the idiot that spammed 11 posts of nonsense in the FAQ section yesterday, you will be banned without warning or explanation. I didn't do this in the current case because I don't do ex-post-facto rules. Going forward, it's like that.

For real users, this post is probably a laugh or a knowing smirk, cuz you wouldn't do it anyway. I want to reiterate, this is for excess. You get excited and post something in the wrong forum or that I or the staff find a bit questionable, we might remove it or give you a warning, or move it somewhere appropriate. Everybody screws up once in a while, and this is not aimed at that sort of thing. It's aimed at deliberate and obvious spamming. You drop a bomb on my forum, I drop a ban on your IP.
Kevin Biomech
Site Admin

Postby Kevin Biomech » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:45 pm

Some jackoff decided to test the theory just hours after I post it. Liney Them is no longer a member of this forum. I'm not kidding, here, you losers who think this is cool. One more go-round and I'm changing the rules for newbies to allow you ONE post in ONE forum, and we'll decide whether to let you in. I don't have time for this game, and see no reason why anyone would do it aside from being an annoying prick. Just for the edification of the spammer's miserable soul, that shit won't get you laid. But it will get you banned.
Kevin Biomech
Site Admin

Postby Kevin Biomech » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:29 am

Kevin Biomech wrote:Some jackoff decided to test the theory just hours after I post it. Liney Them is no longer a member of this forum. I'm not kidding, here, you losers who think this is cool. One more go-round and I'm changing the rules for newbies to allow you ONE post in ONE forum, and we'll decide whether to let you in. I don't have time for this game, and see no reason why anyone would do it aside from being an annoying prick. Just for the edification of the spammer's miserable soul, that shit won't get you laid. But it will get you banned.

EDIT: As per policy change earlier, I believe I now have the forum locked down against these spam attacks. I could be wrong, but I made some changes. You can no longer post unless you are in the "verified user" group or above. If you find that you are not, send me or any other moderator/admin a PM. We'll get you sorted quickly. Bots don't write PM's :D

Currently, the users who can help you are:

Administrators: Shavers, Kevin Biomech, CuriousCat
Moderators: ecucoin, medic82ND, and hopefully a couple more soon :D

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”