Policy Change regarding new users. READ THIS!!!

Kevin Biomech
Site Admin

Policy Change regarding new users. READ THIS!!!

Postby Kevin Biomech » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:00 pm

[flash=]POLICY CHANGE[/flash]

Because of a recent flood of spammers, newly registered users can only post in the General Forum until they've got a couple posts under their belt. If you're legit and I or the staff know you, shoot us a PM, and we'll up your status. If this affects anyone who's permissions I failed to fix, do the same.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I've spent significant amounts of time that I don't have to spare cleaning up the garbage over the last few days. They've all been hit and run accounts, so far, and most have been banned since they did it after I clarified the rules.
Kevin Biomech
Site Admin

Re: Policy Change regarding new users. READ THIS!!!

Postby Kevin Biomech » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:02 pm

Current measures clearely didn't work.

I'm locking the forums up pretty tight. New users need to PM the admins to get posting permission. In the process, it's possible that some of the legit users will get locked down as well. If you find that you can't post, shoot me a PM and I'll fix it. I'm going through the list manually and upgrading you. Your user group SHOULD be verified user. Newly registered users and registered users now only have read only access to the fora. If you are not in the verified users group, send me a PM.

I'm pissed off. These spammers had the balls to post their shit IN the threads telling them it wasn't permitted. Currently, the ban list is bigger than the registered user list. This is outrageous. I don't know who these idiots are, but I really hope that something terrible happens to them.

To the humans here, my apologies for the heavy moderation. Wasn't what I wanted, but it has to be done.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”